Friday, September 10, 2010

We're getting somewhere...

I had my third appointment with Dewy and they've finally decided what in the world they're going to do with me. They've decided that since I wasn't totally comfortable with group therapy, especially in Dutch, they would allow me to only go with one-on-one help. That was such a huge relief for me. The new woman I will see is also half british so another native speaker, which means there shoudn't be a language barrier. Unfortunately this woman has a waiting list (insert big fat eye roll) so I don't have my next appiontment scheduled yet but they "think" it should be only a couple of weeks. If I don't hear back in two I'm going to call.

In the meantime, I am going to continue to do what's been working for me. I will continue to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours, stick to the recommended foods and snacks and just try to lose a bit more on my own. I have maintained my loss this week, which is great.

I've finished reading "Mindless Eating" and I really cannot say enough positive, great things about that book. I am going to go through it a second time, highlighting things that "speak" to me and put their suggestions into play. What I really loved most though, and it was a surprise ending, is that at the end of the book it listed 6 or 7 of the most well known "diet" plans (Adkins, South Beach, etc.) and gave a kind of overview of what the diet entails, the positives and the negatives. It seemed extremely unbiased, which was refreshing.

So that's about it for me! I hope you are all having healthy, successful weeks!

No comments: