Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Week 1, swim 2 - done!

Of course I start the week saying "okay, I WILL swim three times this week" - while in my head that meant I will swim on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. And of course, just to test me, life throws a wrench in my plans and I had to schedule a dentist appointment and the only time he could get me in was Wednesday at 7:30am. Really?!?!?

What's a girl to do? I got up (with the help of super husband Marco again) and swam today! I very, very easily could have skipped today and told myself "I'll swim Thursday and Friday" but the chances that I would feel like doing two days in a row at the end of the week were more slim than the chances that I would feel like getting out of bed again at 6am today.

It ended up being a fantastic swim! I did 22 laps! That means I swam 1100 meters, 1.1 km or 0.68 of a mile. However you prefer it to be written, that's some movement! My goal is to get up to swimming a full mile (1600 meters or 32 laps) in the 45 minutes that I'm at the pool in the morning. I may have to increase my time to a full hour in order to really get the mile in but at least it's something to shoot for. The closest I have ever come is 25 laps, 1250 meters or .77 of a mile and when I finished that swim I was sweating and sore for two solid days. I don't want to push too hard, too soon, but push I will!

What are some of your exercise goals?

I hope you're having healthy, successful weeks!

No comments: