Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The Aftermath or The After Shock (or just the day after...)

So it's had a full 24 hours to sink in, hence the oh-so-clever title to this post.

Firstly, thank you all for your kind words and support in my post yesterday, (and via email my special little friend Becklette) that's exactly why I loved this blog and am glad that I have kept it up.

I went to my GP this morning to get a referral to a psycologist and there happens to be one in the group practice so I have my first appointment on the 16th!

From the comments and encouragement here, it's really helped me realize that this is a good thing, a positive thing and it's just the next step I need to take in overcoming my food obsessions, negative self-talk (and my God if anybody would say to my face what I say to my own self, I'd probably give them a knuckle sandwich for breakfast lunch and dinner!) and "disorderly eating" as I will refer to it.

I'm going to kick this things butt, there is no other solution. I know I can lose weight, that's not the issue anymore, that's just going to be the side effect of getting myself where I need to be mentally. I'm just glad and relieved that I'm going to do it sooner, rather than later. so.relieved.

and that's what I have to say about that!

2 comments:

becklette said...

hooray! that's really fast! here you can't get in that fast without eighty thousand calls to insurance companies and approvals and waivers and self-pay... unless you're in crisis, but who ever wants to cross that line and be like, yes, i'm in crisis. isn't it always a crisis, really?

i'm super proud of you for moving forward on this. it's a good thing.

Missa said...

Hey, sometime a girl's gotta have people. Get as many as you can to fight this battle. I wish you well!

thanks for your kind words on my blog. It means the world to me.

Cheers,
Missa
LosingEthel