Tuesday, January 30, 2007

As of today... 59 pounds down!

So this weeks weigh-in was way better than last weeks but I don’t dare let myself get too excited. I ‘lost’ 4.4 pounds off of last weeks disappointing weight. I’m about 1.3 pounds down from my weight 2 weeks ago (so I lost big 2 weeks ago, gained last week and lost again this week but overall between the 2 weeks lost 1.3 pounds). The fact is I’m losing. The numbers are going down although it’s slower and wackier than I would like but like one brilliant woman on the nest told me… this is a marathon not a sprint! I thought that was very well said and definitely something I need to keep in mind.

This week I’m planning on working out 3 possibly (and probably) 4 times. I’m trying to incorporate more fish into my diet so I’m looking for some great healthy tilapia recipes that don’t require 1000 ingredients that I can’t find here. So far I’ve just been using s&p and a bit of EVOO, finished off with a squeeze of lemon, but I’d like to mix things up a bit. If you have any great recipes I’d love it if you’d share.

I’m nervous about what next week is going to bring to the scale but I just have to keep telling myself, it’s a marathon, it’s a marathon, it’s a marathon.

5 comments:

Nisha said...

Tilapia is a very bland fish. Maybe spice it up with a mango salsa or something like that? You can also always blend it with lite bread crumbs and flash fry in olive oil and then bake. My husband is a chef... I will ask him k?

Erin said...

do they have mrs. dash? if not, maybe your family could send you some...the spices are awesome and low sodium!!!

Kimberly said...

My mom does tilapia with italian dressing and pan fries it (just in dressing and maybe a squirt of Pam) for a few minutes and it is REALLY good, especially if you over cook it a tad:)

Anonymous said...

Have you thought about salmon? I saw on Barefoot Contessa the other day where she did it and it looked easy. just go to foodnetwork.com and type in the search bar for ina garten salmon with lentils

Amy said...

I do salmon on my George Foreman and just use a "blackened" seasoning. I can't recall the brand but it gives a mild or hot spicyness depending on how much you shake on. It flavors it really well and kind of crispies up the outside. I was thinking about trying a ginger/teriayki combo too which I thought sounded good.