Saturday, August 09, 2008

Flying poo!

We laughed so hard we cried. This morning it was my turn for the in-home nurse to show/help me bathe Sadie. It was also the nurse´s last day with us. We got the bath all ready and put Sadie on the changing table. I took off her diaper to take her temperature and there was poo in the diaper. No problemo.

So as I´m turning on the thermometer the nurse starts telling me, well sometimes when you insert it they will poo again so be careful to not stand on this end of her and keep the diaper up to `catch` it if it happens. She walked towards Sadie´s head but then went back down to the other end of the table for some reason. Just as she was reaching the `bottom´ end of Sadie we heard and saw the funniest grossest thing ever. Sadie showered the nurse, the table, the carpet and the door with a big ole poo! I have never seen poo fly like this before. I swear to god if I didn´t see it with my own eyes, and get a bit on my hands, I would never believe the story. It was like something out of a movie that you think is so drastically exagerrated but it was oh so real. And the door isn´t even close by, it´s a good 3 feet away from where here little tiny poo filled butt was laying.

We laughed so hard that I cried. Then Marco was filling a bucket of water as fast as he could to get the poo out of the carpet and left the bucket in the shower, where it promptly overflowed all over the floor as he was trying to clean the carpet and forgot about it. As we cleaned the last of the poo off of the table Sadie, in a last ditch attempt to dirty the nurse further on her last day, peed all over.

Alas we finally did get her in the bath and she´s just happy as a clam right now but oh what a morning... and all before noon!
Here's the little pooperitis now (sans poo but looking stunning in the pink pants mommy and daddy bought th day they found out she was a girl!)

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh, the things I have to look forward to...

Congratulations, again! She's beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Lol...that's a good one for the memory bank. Just wait until she's old enough to *play* in it...but then maybe girls don't do that. I just know our son (2 1/2) does (potty training, it's a blast!)

Cute pic..she's such a sweetie:)

Janine said...

At least she is a girl.... my DS pees on me at least once a week, and he is 7 months old already... hope that things are going well for you and Sadie....

Monica said...

OMG! This must be some kind of right of passage or something... every mother goes through it! Here's my flying poop story:
http://doyouspeakswiss.blogspot.com/2007/04/joys-of-motherhood.html