Tuesday, June 23, 2009

As I predicted yesterday, I didn’t lose today. I gained ½ kilo (1.1lb) according to last weeks weigh in but nonetheless, I feel more positive and upbeat about really getting some weight off than I have felt in a long, long time. I feel more like “myself”. I think much of it has to do with the baby sleeping a wee bit better. She’s not a stellar sleeper yet but she’s at least giving us a small break for the time being, where we’re not up with her every two or three hours. It’s been a godsend. I know so many of you have commented on how sleep deprivation is a form of torture and we’ve discussed this at length at work as well and I can TOTALLY see how horribly it effects not only my mood but my over all well being. I have always been a person who needs a decent amount of sleep and I knew that would be affected once I became a mother but I swear I have never heard of a baby who sleeps as little or as restlessly as Sadie does and we have TONS of babies in my family…tons! There was just no way to prepare myself for this kind of sleep deprivation or for the length of time it would last.

Today I am focusing on getting in all of my water. I did well yesterday but half way through my can of diet orange Fanta yesterday afternoon I remembered I wasn’t drinking soda anymore. I did really well with not snacking last night after the healthy salad I ate for dinner. It was the right way to start off my week and it was really what I needed. So I’m actually not dreading this week, weight loss wise. I’m looking forward to it as a matter of fact.

Welcome back me!

No comments: