Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Perks!

I officially have the new job now, the contract is signed, sealed and delivered but what I'm really excited about is one of the "perks" of the job, or the company rather. I found out today that I can get a discount on a gym membership to the gym that is right across the street from my new office! I will have an hour lunch break and was really hoping that I could use part of that time to get in some sort of exercise, which I have been totally lacking since... well actually since I was pregnant... so many many months (actually almost 2 years) ago. Good lord has it been that long?

Wow. I'm really excited to be getting back to it and I know I will be feeling better too, physically and mentally, with regular work outs. Making time for exercise at home sounds good in theory but it's just not happening. It's just not. Sadie is still not sleeping well (it improved for a while there and then since vacation has been HORRIBLE!). I'm so drained by time I get home it's all I can do to stay awake long enough to make supper. With this gym opportunity staring me in the face I will have no valid excuse not to get my body moving.

I've not been this excited about the possibility of a workout in ages. It feels good. It feels real good.

3 comments:

becklette said...

dude, that's really awesome. i mean an hour lunch. WHOA. and HOUR-LONG LUNCH HOUR. unheard of around here. you could have a leisurely lunch AND a quick workout. niiiiiiiiiiice.

becklette said...

(or a weekly mani/pedi, which is that way I'D go.)

Dona said...

Tell us about your new job! What are you going to be doing? Details lady, details!