Monday, April 12, 2010

I just realized this this morning, as I was on the scale, that I didn’t share a little mini-goal that I set recently with all of you. We’ve booked a vacation, 8 days in Lanzarote, one of the Canary Islands for May. It’s my first time going to any of the Canary Islands and it’s actually my first time on a relaxing, beach vacation! EVER! Goes to say, I’m pretty stinkin stoked! Our Bungalow/beach accommodations can be seen here but be forewarned, I cannot take responsibility for your reaction to what you’re about to see! You may drool, foam at the mouth, have slight heart palpitations or a number of other super duper jealousy related emotions that sometimes happen to people who aren’t going on vacation on an island off of the coast of Spain.


Back to the goal, so two weeks ago I made a mini goal that I would like to lose 5 kilos before the trip, May 20th. That’s about 11 pounds in 5 weeks, should I adhere to the 1-2 pounds a week rule, that should be just do-able.


As I mentioned previously, I was on the scale when this realization that I didn’t share my goal with you popped into my head and what I saw on the scale was pretty darned promising. As of this morning, I am proud to say that I only have 4 more kilos, 9 pounds to go to meet that mini goal! This is totally do-able and now that I’ve seen the first two pounds gone, it gives me that much more resolve to make it! It's a small, small step, but it's a step!


WOOHOO! Look our Lanzarote, here I come!




**********************************************

if some wonderful person can tell me how to make my links open in another window, rather than taking you from this page, please feel free to share.

3 comments:

Ali said...

I did the same - two months ago. I set a goal to lose 15 pounds in two months. I did everything right, stayed at the lower end of my calorie allowance, worked out a lot and I only lost about 8 pounds. Now I have 10 days to go and I have not lost a single pound in over a week - so 7 pounds in two weeks is not going to happen, especially with the rate I have been losing in the last few weeks.

At the same time I set a goal to fit into a certain pair of pants until then - and I am almost there. I can wear the pants without wanting to faint but I have a bit of muffin top with them, so I think this is a much better goal to go.

Those mini-goals are nice to work towards but don't be too set on them because I go on the scale three or four times a week and I am always really disappointed to not see a loss when I work so hard.

becklette said...

JELUS.

Steph said...

Mini goals are a great motivator! :)

I'm a new follower from the Bump...Raving Rabbids :) I have a family/weight loss blog as well at http://goobergrapemonkeyman.blogspot.com