Thursday, August 19, 2010

Just to give you an idea...

This is how I am logging my food. Notice it's not a lot of measurements, calories, fat, protein gram counting, it's just simply writing down what I'm eating and trying to eat every 2.5 - 3 hours throughout the day. I do put measurements in if I know them but for the most part, I'm just going with the flow.

Yesterday, the 18th was actually a pretty "rough" day for me, as in the afternoon, for some strange reason, I got extremely anxious and NEEDED to feel full. Not just to eat, but to feel very full. I just felt panicky and what I perceive to be "hungry" and just wanted that full feeling. I got through it with minimal damage but it's been the first time I've felt that way in the week I've been trying this "plan".

Oh and I don't think I mentioned that the woman told me I should definitely have a "rewards system" but not for losing weight, but for following the "plan" right now. So if I am supposed to eat 8 times a day and I managed to eat 5 out of the 8 (this is just an example) then I should give myself a reward. She suggested a piggy bank and putting a euro in it for every day I stay on plan. Notice it isn't every day that I am PERFECT, but every day that I do well. That is really encouraging and helps me to not be so hard on myself if I don't have a perfect day, which we all know will happen!

So here is a little example of what I've done yesterday and so far today:

August 18th
8:00 Granola cereal w/ whole milk (when she asked if I could try to eat granola cereal for breakfast to get some carbs in the morning, I told her "but granola has sugars and carbs in it" and she replied with "but that's thinking like a dieter and you're trying to only follow a plan to eat X times a day". Then I kissed her... well... in my head I did.)

2 bottles of water (500 ML each)

10: apple

12:30
2 ww bread w/ butter, 2 ham, 2 salami slices (ww = whole wheat)
cup of hungarian goulash (pork and veg, disgusting)

(feeling panicky)
16:00 - 17:30
6 sultanas (these are not quite cookies and not a granola bar, but a snack bar of sorts. One portion is 2 pieces. I ate 6)
2 time-out biscuits (a very dry, cookie, time-out is the brand)

6:30 thai chicken/veg/pasta stir fry

8:00 - 9:00
carrots and hummus
spa fruit (carbonated water with fruit juice in it)
250 ml yogurt
chips (probably 30 french fry looking things)
5 drop (this is black licorice, a very Dutch thing)


August 19th
7:30
coffee
2 ww bread, butter, honey


9:30 choco coffee mix

12:30 (we had a bbq at work)
grilled salmon
beef burger on bun w/ bbq sauce
veggie rissoto - 1/2 cup
cole slaw - 3 bites
fruitsalad of watermelon / cherries / pineapple
DC and Spa Fruit

4:00 - apple

then I will finish off my day here. So it's actually pretty simple as long as I plan well ahead of time and don't leave myself without any snacks. I'm following along the snack list suggestions that she gave me and have a stock in my drawer here at work as well as at home.

So there is just a little glimpse into my current plan that we'll build on as my therapy continues!

I hope you're all having healthy, successful weeks!

No comments: