Thursday, March 03, 2011

Distractions

Yikes! I've been M.I.A. a lot longer than intended! No worries though, things are going super well! I'm feeling good, accomplishing my mini goals and fielding "have you lost weight" comments left and right.

Dewy asked me to come up with a list of distractions for myself to use when it isn't quite "time to eat" but I am getting that familiar "I'm bored therefore I'm hungry" type of feeling. I'm sure you all know it well! I have a little list at home already but I want to know what do YOU do to distract yoruself from food and mindless grazing?

Here are just a few things I've managed to come up with:
dust the house (this always needs done!)
paint my nails
read a book
walk the dog
play with Sadie
dishes/laundry
sort old photos
brush my teeth (not that I don't do this anyway, but a clean mouth staves off hunger for me)
WRITE IN MY BLOG!

I will need to have distractions for any time of day, so at work, on the weekends, 2am... you name it, I'll need a distraction. So let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Weighing Well said...

I totally agree - distractions are a very good thing to have and how smart you are to be coming up with a list. I'm really busy now that I have started back to work but I tend to fade during the day and start getting the munchies. One of my favorite distractions then is to make a cup of jasimine tea. It is a soft, naturally sweet tasting pick me up and just busying myself with the process seems to absorb some of the boredom/fatigue. Glad you are doing well - have missed your postings but I know you must be busy!