Sunday, October 22, 2006

I believe an introduction is necessary...

As I was drying off after my shower today I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed a couple bumps on my chest. I turned to the side... then to the front... I looked at every angle and there were definate protrusions there.

I immediately ran into the living room where my dear husband sat innocently on the couch.

"Honey do you notice anything different about me?"

"Woohoo!" he hooted as he usually does when I run around the house naked. (what a sweetie!)

"No really honey... look... do you see anything different?"

He stared at me blankly, his eyes darting about my body desperate for the correct answer. I could tell it was one of those moments in a mans life where they don't know what to say... one of those "does my butt look big in these pants?" kind of looks. There's never a good answer but there are several bad ones... some worse than others.

I decided to let him off the hook a little.

"No honey, in this area" I said circling my hand around my chest.

"Ummmm...."

I turned to the side, then to the front again.

After a few more seconds of quietness and blank stares I gave up hope...

"LOOK honey! Right here!!!!" I squeeked pointing at my bumps. "I have collar bones!"

"Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! They look good!"

So it's official. I actually have collar bones.

This has got to be one of my most favorite discoveries on my journey so far. I've always envied girls with pretty collar bones. Not ones that stick out with the skin stretched out over them like leather but nice, smooth, delicate, femine collar bones.

I went back to the bathroom to admire my newfound neck knobs a little more, satisfied with my progress, at least for this moment.

No comments: