Saturday, October 21, 2006

T.S.B.

I have a best friend, Liz, whom I've been best friends with since I was about 12 or 13 years old. Liz and I have always been 'not thin'. I was always a little more 'not thin' than she was, but either way we were both 'not thin'.

We would swim in her pool and talk about losing weight. We would talk about how different our lives would be if we were thin. We both agreed that we were pretty girls, wejust weren't thin and pretty like T.S.B. When we would shop for clothing we would go from shop to shop not finding anything in our size that fit right and inevitably we'd end up talking about T.S.B.

Oh, how easy the life of T.S.B. was. T.S.B. had it simple. They had everything. They had the cute clothes and the cute guys...life was grand for T.S.B.

We hated Those Skinny Bitches.

Yes, that is how we have always referred to thin women, Liz and I. Those skinny bitches in the shops, those skinny bitches at the club, those skinny bitches with the hot guys...you get the point. In our minds, T.S.B. had it all and they had it easy.

So naturally when I started going to the gym I dreaded seeing TSB in their skimpy, belly baring spandex suits. I really dreaded seeing the TSB in their Juicy Couture sweat pants, with the word JUICY slapped across their toosh, knowing there was nothing juicy about their bony asses. Slap the word "juicy" across my ass and it makes sense... across their tiny buttocks??!?!?!?! I don't think so!

So I was on the treadmill the other day in the back of the room looking at all TSB's in their cute outfits working out and a thought came to me. TSB seem to be sweating pretty badly. TSB seem to be on those machines for long periods of time... just as long as I am... sometimes longer. Then I started thinking some more... maybe life isn't so grand for TSB. They seem to be working on their body just like I am working on mine. Just because TSB are skinny, maybe they have just as hard of time maintaining their weight as I do getting to my ideal weight? Maybe TSB's body didn't come as simply or as naturally as I had always assumed. Maybe TSB's boyfriends are going to leave them for somebody truly JUICY?

And for one small moment in time I felt I was on the same playing field as TSB. After all, we're all there sweating for the same reason.

No comments: