Sunday, September 16, 2007

Paint aerobics

That's what I feel like I've been doing for the past 3 days... paint aerobics. Since my first post today was hardly weight loss related at all, with the exception of the last line, I thought I'd write something a little more "on task". The task being losing some poundage and gettin some muscles.

In order to keep the peace whilst preparing our new house Marco and I decided it would be best if we worked on separate projects, in separate rooms, in separate houses. HAHA just kidding about the separate house thing. Apparently and according to recent polls, I am a control freak who thoroughly enjoys things being done her way. Who knew? (ok, so I knew but geesh did he have to say it...out loud?) So this way was beneficial to both of us. I didn't have to micro- manage his every move and he didn't have to put up with me. Win-win.

So my job was to apply primer to the living room, kitchen and hallway while Marco stripped the bedroom of two horrendous layers of wallpaper. Yuck. The primer went on without a hitch. I tried incorporating some toning movements into my rolling techniques. Each time I pulled down with the roller I flexed my biceps. With each step up onto my tippy toes to reach the highest parts of the walls I would flex my calves and my booty muscles. It seemed to make a bit of difference because after finishing the living room my muscles were a bit fatigued.

It wasn't until the following day that I realized how much running up and down the ladder and all that flexing really did to me. My legs feel like lead after standing on them yet another day. We called it quits at 2:30 today as Marco had to work and let me tell you I couldn't have been happier to be finished for the day.

Our eating habits since being on the run all the time have been interesting. I have had to make conscious effort not to grab a burger and fries at the local drive thru because it's quick or chips at the gas station to get me by. I've been going longer-than-usual time periods with no food so I have to make an effort not to binge when my tummy is rumbling and there is food in site. I think I've been doing pretty well though. I do notice that when I'm so super busy and focused that I have a much easier time not obsessing over food and there is no time for mindless munching! It just goes to show that I still may be eating out of boredom or habit more often than I am realizing. It's a good eye opener and something to keep in the back of my mind.

I haven't run since Wednesday night but I just don't have the energy. Hopefully I will get back on track (pun not intended) in the upcoming days.

3 comments:

Teale said...

I think your creative way to get exercise in while painting was great! Every little bit counts!

Chubby Chick said...

Painting can definitely be quite a workout! I know first hand. Several months ago I painted every room in our house because we were putting it up for sale. I never want to see a paint brush ever again. lol

Good luck with your running this week!

Sonya said...

I totally noticed that too. When I'm busy, I have a easier time of it as well.

Good for you for adding some strength training to your painting. Very clever girl!