Saturday, February 09, 2008

February is just flying by isn't it? I really thought this month would c-r-e-e-p like a three toed sloth since we're so excited about our March 5th appointment but it's just flying by steadily.

So far this month my sister has had her 34th birthday (Happy Birthday old lady! (which I can totally say because I'm a cool spry 31 (but was told by my new colleague that she thought I was 25 or 26 (I almost got fired for kissing her (I think this is a record for parenthesis within parenthesis))))). The work weeks have flown by as I am swamped and I have a new trainee which takes up my entire day most days.

I have my appointment with the midwife on Monday which I'm not necessarily looking forward to but it'll make me late for work which is always a good way to start the week. Friday is the big baby shopping spree at the negenmaandenbeurs (yes, that's really a word, not a typo) that I told you about in the last post so that's going to be fun. Then I'm off the weekend and took Monday off to as Marco is off and I thought it'd just be nice to have the day together.

Inbetween that time is Valentines day. Yes, go ahead, roll your little eyes at the Hallmark holiday but it marks the 4 year anniversary of the lucky day that Marco and I met so I do look forward to it (and I hope you snapped some ligaments in your eyes when you were rolling them, shame on you!).

Also on the 13th my cousin Melissa will be giving birth (via scheuled c-section, which is how we know it's the 13th) to her new little daughter Hallie Rhea. Hallie will be joining her adorable big sister Brenna in this big crazy world and we're all excited to meet her. Congrats Melissa and Steve!

On the 18th I am going to a local radio station that I may possibly be guest djaying/host on someday for their morning show "English Breakfast". I'm just checking it out to see if I'm interested but radio is something I've always wanted to do (but never thought I'd get a chance to) and it's just right up my alley. It's the first English speaking radio show in the Netherlands and is only on for two hours (7-9am) Monday thru Friday so it wouldn't necessarily screw up my work day since I'd only be on probably once a week. All the spots are filled right now but I could fill in when somebody is away and who knows when something will open up. I believe all the hosts are volunteers at this point, working other jobs, so it's not like they're tied to the show permanently. Plus I can also do little side reports, reviews, possibly some writing on the side just to have something to do besides go to work and come home every day. I'm TOTALLY looking forward to this so fingers crossed for me please!

Then comes two of my nieces birthday's Ryleigh and Paige. They're sisters and born on the same day! My (abovementioned) older sister, Jill, can plan it can't she (she also has two other kids that aren't twins but born on the same day, seeeeeee I told you she was a planner! She has 6 kids altogether so not only is she a planner, she's also nuts)? The day after their birthdays is my parent's anniversary. Then before you know it the month is over and it's time to find out what this little pumpkin is! I'll be so glad to finally be able to quit refering to the baby as either "it" or "the baby".

This week, according to most internet sites, the baby can start hearing sounds from outside the womb. I'll tell ya, we've been yaking up a storm too. I sang every childrens song and nursey rhyme I could think of to "it" the other night while laying in bed and Marco did his renditions in Dutch. I have to admit that I'm going to be needing some English books to bring over here as my nursery rhymes were a bit rusty. Often I'd get the first couple lines done and then forget what comes next. It went a little something like this...

"Little boy blue come blow your horn, the sheeps in the meadows the cows in the corn..."

Ummm... okay I don't know the rest.

"Jack Sprat could eat not fat, his wife cold eat no lean..."

Ummm... something about licking a bowl clean but I can't remember the rest.

Finally I just started making up the rest. That went a little something like this...

"There was an old woman who lived in shoe. She had so many children she didn't know what to do...ummmm... and her name was Aunt Jill! THE END

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(sorry had to get in one more cheap shot about my sister's oldness while the gettin is good.)

So okay... that's just another buffet of what's happening in my head these days. Busy busy little bee!

(spellcheck for Blogger is STILL not working. I'll re-read but I can't make any promises! Auto-spell in Word has created a poor speller in me! Plus I'm just a bad typer. Pardon the mishaps)

1 comment:

Teri said...

LOL, Sarah! I love your renditions...let's see if this preschool teacher can help you out...

Jack Sprat could eat no fat, his wife could eat no lean, and so betwixt the both of them, they licked the platter clean.

Little Boy Blue come blow your horn, the sheep's in the meadow, the cow's in the corn. And where is the little boy who tends the sheep? He's under the haystack fast asleep.

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe, she had so many children she didn't know what to do. She gave them all broth without any bread, then she whipped them all soundly and sent them to bed. (That's a nice, heart-warming one, if I do say so myself...)

Let me know if you want any help with them! There is such great evidence about reading (singing, talking, etc) to babies in-utero...amazing!