Sunday, March 22, 2009

What a week...

This was a week for celebrations... firstly, I had a great loss on Tuesday when I weighed in. Woohoo!

Then it was my colleague's birthday and she brought chocolate muffins to work. Happy Birthday Noor!

Yesterday was Jennifer's birthday party and we had a good old American celebration at Hard Rock Cafe complete with nachos, chickens strips, some type of egg roll thingy, burgers and of course cake (2 cupcakes actually which were so freaking delicious). Sadie and Quint were so cute together and I had the chance to meet a ton of great people, many who were fellow Americans.

I won my fight with the insurance company and they'll be paying us back the money they owe from November and December 2008. That's a huge victory after a bloody, complaint filled, nasty cycle of phone calls, letters and frustration. Whew, that is cause for celebration!

With all of this celebrating though, it makes me wonder if the spirit of this week will continue on next week with Tuesday's weigh in. As you may recall I only need to drop a mere 0.3 kilos or 0.66 lbs. With all of this celebrating (although some of it didn't involve food) will I be on my way to Zumba-ing away my next 5 kilos or will my lack of restraint (and trust me, there was total lack of restraint) get the best of me and push back my latin prize for yet another week?

Stay tuned as my saga continues...

No comments: