Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My name is Sarah and I'm hear to say...

My name is Sarah and I'm hear to say...
Weighing in with my .02 is here to stay!

Cheesy enough for ya? Did you expect anything less from me? So... I've decided to just keep on blogging through my pregnancy with this blog and stay as "on task" as I my body will allow me to. So far it's going well. I've been hit by the "exhaustion bus" (no, not the short bus that you guys rode growing up Keith and Josh) but otherwise I'm feeling really great. I've been resting when I can and taking it kind of easy since getting the news.

I wasn't quite sure what to do on Tuesday morning with my weigh in. I know I'm carrying some water around with me because my pants feel a little tight in my lower belly region and I've read that many women experience bloat in the first few weeks. I did get on the scale and it read 105. 3 which is less than a kilo more than the week before. Not bad for bloated. I think I'll continue my weekly weigh-ins just to keep myself in check. Like my so so smart cousin (and also a successful weight loser) Lissa said in her comments, being pregnant doesn't mean you sit on the couch and ring a bell all day.

I'll admit my appetite is a bit off right now. Breakfast doesn't appeal to me in the least but I force something in my tummy, usually fruit, along with my vitamin just so I have something in there. I usually have a snack bar around 10:30 and that holds me over until lunch time, 12:15. Lunch is about 1-2 portions of veggies and a cheese sandwich. I've been having a snack or two in the afternoon (snack being a piece of fruit or another snack bar) at about 2:30 and then again around 4:30-ish. Suppers have been my typical meals really but I don't seem to need as much to get that full feeling in my belly. It's kind of odd but in a good way. So like many of your brilliant ladies said, I'm eating less but more often. It's working.

I've been doing a lot of relaxing in the evenings which could easily be the death of me. My lack of exercise routine has been haunting me for months now. I used to be a gym-3-times-a-week girl but since having to stop our membership I've been horrible about putting exercise back on my priority list. I'm still holding out for Dance Dance Revolution to end up under my Christmas tree this year as I really think I'll like that but until then I'm going to have to up my free dancing and maybe start walking or something else and make exercise my priority again. Why do I always dread doing it but once I do it I feel so much better?

OK, so there you have it. You can now step back from the ledge... I'll keep blogging. LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for keeping up with the blog:)

After I got pregnant, I kept up with the weigh-ins and measurements to help keep myself in check. I'll admit, it was hard to see that number climb but it's for a good cause, right?:) But, I'd rather not be surprised at doctor's appointments by a big jump when a month has gone by. By weighing in, I pretty much knew what to expect with that scale.

Eating was tough:( The smaller meals or "grazing" helped a lot. Small snacks when I felt like I needed it kept me from feeling really hungry or nauseous. Somedays though, *nothing* sounds good. Then you just got to eat what does and know there's a new day tomorrow!

Exercise has been a life saver! There were days where I thought, "No way am I working out", but I'm glad I did. You're right, once you're done, it feels so nice. It has also helped a lot with backaches, hip pain and other pains that go along with pregnancy. It also makes resting feel so well deserved (which it is right now anyway!!)

*ccc* said...

I have been hidden under a rock (make that boulder) of work and haven't been around much but oh my gosh--can I say how wonderful it is to read this post and catch up with the ones just below it?

Congratulations, lady! I wish you nothing but the best during this incredible time in your life.

Teale said...

I'm glad to hear you'll be keeping up w/this blog:)