Friday, November 09, 2007

This post is out of guilt.

I always feel guilty if I don't give you guys something to read at least once or twice a week besides my little weigh in blurbs but this week I just cannot think of anything to write about.

I thought about writing about this new spinach salad I found at the local grocery store that is absolutely delicious but how interesting is it to read about greens? (it's baby spinach, crumbled blue cheese, pear, grapes, pecans and red cabbage with a walnut dressing).

I thought about writing about my exercise routine again but how many time can one say "I've been jumping rope and free dancing like a maniac in my living room". (the more I jump rope the less painful it becomes for my abs, thank God).

My food choices haven't changed. I still do well one day, falter a little the next. Nothing ground breaking there. No major meltdowns but nothing to brag about either.

The truth of the matter is my mind has temporarily checked out of my head and is now residing somewhere in a cabbage patch far far away but will hopefully be back shortly. I've been spending the evenings in warm baths reading books and exfoliating. I've been filling my moments in between thoughts about babies with... well more thoughts about babies. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but even just a little hope is like throwing your mind and emotions into a blender and hitting the "pulse" button. Waiting for 2 weeks for some results is just cruel.

So there you go... that's what I've been up to this week. I hope you're all having healthy weeks and please hang on with me for just a little bit longer... I'll snap back... I promise.

6 comments:

AGirlWorthLosing said...

It happens, you know I have been through it. Glad to hear from you though.

Twix said...

That Spinach Salad sounds very yummy! I think my kids would love it. :) I would too!

How'd you get started in jumping rope. I currently weigh 317, but I am scared to jump rope yet. I think I should wait until I am a little lighter. I'm afraid I will herniate my back further. Did you wait or start when you were your heaviest? And since we are the same height, what style of jump rope did you use? There are so many choices out there, lol. I want more info, please & ty .

Warm baths & thoughts on babies, lol. The warm bath sounds great! I miss having a baby around. All mine are growing up to fast!! Slow down you silly kids! If a baby is what you are after I hope it happens for you. Wish you happy luck!

Hope you get to feeling better soon. I check out to the cabage patch every now and then. Just don't get lost. heee

Have a great weekend!! :D

Chubby Chick said...

Now I want to spend my evenings enjoying warm baths, reading books, and exfoliating, too! lol

Sienna said...

I never went away, I will continue to hang in there.... I went through this recently, I actually felt pressured to write daily, and I just took a big step back for a while, which felt really good!

Amy said...

I have a request! On behalf of one of your "homey" Americans, how about telling us some differences of being in Amsterdam vs the States. The good and the bad. I'm very curious about living in other places compared to the good 'ole USA.

Anonymous said...

no apologies necessary....all good things!