Monday, February 01, 2010

Begin again, (and again!)

Today I woke up in much better spirits and with a much better attitude (for lack of a better word here) than I have had in a while. This is partially due to the fact that Sadie has been sleeping better for the past 5 nights. Twice in those 5 nights she slept all night long. All night long I said. Yes, all night, the whole entire night long. All.Night.

I don't want to say that last bit too loud for fear of jinxing ourselves, but finally, at 18 months old (today actually) I think we have turned a corner in Sadie's sleep issues by doing a modified cry-it-out. The impact that almost a week of a good nights sleep has had on me is astounding. When we put her to bed last night and got straightened around the house, I didn't feel like I had to drag myself in to brush my teeth. I actually had energy to stay up and this was after 9:00 p.m.!!!! That's practically a new record for us!

If we keep this up I may actually have to start setting an alarm again for fear of sleeping in! What?!?!?!?

So I feel like I have a fresh start today. I even got on the scale to commemorate what I feel is the "beginning" of the... well not of the end, because let's face it, this is a lifestyle change, there is no "end" per say, only a point where I am content, healthy, happy and can maintain that weight/health/feeling. So this is the beginning... again.

No comments: