Friday, February 26, 2010

Food log with a twist!

So I’m making a food log this week for my appointment on Monday and it’s been quite interesting. Not just logging the food, that’s same as always, but the last column in the log is a new one for me. Yeah, I have to put in my food, how much I ate, where I ate it, but the last line on this form is for “what happened, what did you do, what did you think and what were you feeling”. This one extra column makes you really stop and think “hey, why did I mindlessly take that pack of cookies out of the cabinet and eat them while I was watching TV”. It’s usually not because I was hungry, more out of habit or boredom or for no reason what so ever. This is a new experience for me and I’m finding it eye opening. We’ll see what happens over the weekend.

No comments: