Sunday, December 31, 2006

A new personal best

Today I had a new personal best during my workout. I 'ran' (or is it crosstrained or ellipticaled?) for over 3 miles in 30 minutes on a higher level than I usually use! I have been hovering between 2 and 2.5 miles each 30 minute workout on a hill level (the one where the machine changes "incline" for you in intervals) 13 (out of 25) but today I kicked it up to level 14 (just wanted to use yet another parathensis) and must have had some great songs on my Ipod because I really did well! I just keep thinking back to when I started this journey, only 6 months ago and I could barely run 30 feet!

I also picked up my speed quite a bit during my 10 minute warm up jog. My weight training went pretty good too. So all in all I had a pretty outstanding day at the gym! Hopefully it pays off for me on Tuesday when I step on the scale.

No comments: