Monday, July 28, 2008

41 weeks and no sign of Sadie

I had my midwife appointment this morning. It went well I suppose. My bloodpressure was higher than usual for me but nowhere near any danger zone. We have a plan of action now which makes me feel a wee bit better although not much. I think the worst part of the whole thing is just not having control over when anything will happen. I'm not THAT huge of a control freak but it's really driving me batty not knowing anything.

So here is the plan. Tomorrow I will have acupuncture at 10:30 in the morning. Should the baby be ready (all signs point to "yes" she is ready) this should work. I have a good feeling about it although maybe that's just hope.

If she isn't here by Friday the midwife will come to the house and strip my membranes. This, also, should work to get my uterus contracting.

If Friday's stripping doesn't work I have an appointment with the widwife on Monday where she will try, once again, to strip my membranes to get things started.

Should NONE of those options or nature take it's course by Thursday next week I will go to the hospital and see a doctor who will check the baby, the amniotic fluid level, me and then schedule me for an induction probably for Friday, August 8th.

I am hoping to God that it doesn't get that far. Having an induction means I will not be able to have the water birth in the birthing center as I have been planning all along. It means a delivery in a hospital bed, hooked up to and IV and probably given Pitocin (they use Oxytocin here).

I will do whatever is necessary to get Sadie here safely. If she is in danger obviously I have no problems doing whatever is necessary to get here in one healthy little bundle. I am going to try like hell everything I know how to get her here as naturally as possible though, before next Thursday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like everyone is fighting with you for the very best possible delivery. Keep the faith!

Ellen said...

We're rooting for you here in California!! :) :) :)