Saturday, July 26, 2008

Guess what I've been doing yesterday and today

Here is an interesting article brought to you by http://www.parents.com/ called "5 Signs You're in Labor". Let me quote the part that I am most interested in because, as my title suggests, it's what I've been doing yesterday and today (8 times so far today, that has to be some kind of record):

You Get Diarrhea
During the early part of labor, your body begins to release prostaglandins, a group of hormonelike substances that cause the uterus to contract and help soften and dilate the cervix. But prostaglandins can also hyperstimulate the bowels, causing frequent stools or even diarrhea, Dr. Grabowski says.


Yeah, so this better be the early signs of an impending labor. Otherwise it's just a cruel evil joke to play on the already-sitting-on-pins-and-needles mommy to be. So can I get a big ole "hell yeah" for the prostaglandins?

HELL YEAH!

2 comments:

andrea said...

This is a great sign! And trust me, you want to be 'cleaned' out now and not have it happen in labor!

Lots of Sadie dust being sent your way!!

Monica said...

Ditto what Andrea said... better now that later!