Friday, February 13, 2009

Old habits are terribly hard to break. Like eating an entire frozen pizza rather than 2 slices like you intended when you decided that it was "the only thing in the house". And really... was it my only option or is that just an easy way out of making myself feel bad for making an unhealthy choice? Yeah, I could have made scrambled eggs. Yeah, I could have had oatmeal for the second time that day. I could have had some veggies (canned) that were in the cupboard but who wants to eat just veggies? Those were my other options so I chose the pizza. And ate the whole.damned.thing.

Pizza is definately a weakness of mine. I love it. All kinds. Any kind. Thick or thin crust. And kind of sauce and just about any kind of topping. I try to live by the rule "all things in moderation" but this is one of those things that no matter how good intentioned I am, I binge on it. Pizza and ice cream. There just is no middle ground for me. No moderation. So when shopping today we did not restock the freezer with "just in case" pizzas. Marco was surprised how little I had throwin into the cart for me before I was announcing "I'm done." I simply told him, if it's not there I can't eat it. He didn't argue and we came home with less groceries, more money in our pockets and less temptation for the girl determined to lose some poundage this week. I did remember to grab some fruits and snack bars so I am not sitting here hungry with NOTHING to eat in the house. Now I just have healthy choices or nothing. This is what works for me.

So determined to make up for yesterday's not so good day I a having a really decent day today. Afterall weight losss not determined by one meal, it's a compilation of all of your efforts over a period of time.

I hope you all are having happy healthy successful weeks!

breakfast
oatmeal
coffee w/ splenda and cream

snack
2 snack bars (b-fast was early and lunch was late)

lunch
1 egg, 2 slices of wg bread, one slice lowfat cheese, 2 pieces of bacon

snack
1 cup of no fat yogurt with frozen raspberries

supper
grilled chicken ceasar salad (518 calories total)

And I did 45 minutes worth of fun stuff on the wii fit today. Yay!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I can relate to this so much! If I shouldn't eat it (because I WILL eat the whole thing) it can't be in the house. I'm all for things in moderation as well, but I have the frame of mind that if I eat it, it's gone, so I can't have anymore, lol. It's just better to keep it away to begin with it!