Saturday, February 28, 2009

Trying something new

I've decided to try out the website www.myfitnesspal.com in order to track calories. It'll be the first time I've ever really tracked calories, as with Dr. Phil's The Ultimate Weight Solutions, you just do portions per day. I decided to experiment with this website and really get an idea of calorie intake. So far it's a really neat and easy tool to use and it lets you set goals, tells you how many calories you will need to eat and exercise off to lose X pounds by your goal date and has message board forums to ask any questions about anything weight loss related including a recipe board. What I like best so far is that at the end of the day you can click the "end of day" button (not sure if that's exactly what it says but you get the idea) and it will tell you how long it will take you to reach your goal if you continue to eat/exercise at the pace you've input for that day. Pretty nifty.

I toyed with sparkpeople.com at one point a while back but it was just too difficult for me to navigate and I couldn't be bothered to really put THAT much effort into it. If you've never counted calories before and have been on the fence about it you should at least check out My Fitness Pal and see if it's something you could work with that can also work for you!

No comments: