Sunday, August 26, 2007

BMI oh my!

I just realized that after I lose 26 more pounds I will no longer be able to say that I am obese! Of course I'll still be over weight but that just seems like a much nicer word than obese doesn't it?

"I'm Sarah and I'm obese" just sounds yucky. It sounds like there is no hope. You're not just over weight... you're obese (and let's not even throw in the "morbidly" part). Obese just sounds so definite like there is no chance for me, no hope. You're not just chubby or thick or chunky... you're obese. What a rotten word.


"I'm Sarah and I'm over weight." Ahhhh that sounds nice doesn't it? It sounds like I have much more control in the matter. It's a little like "yeah, I've got a few pounds to drop but it'll happen".

I'm not one to be obsessed with labels but I will have to admit, I'm pretty excited to soon be over weight. Now that's not something you hear every day.

(and only 35 pounds after those 26 pounds will I no longer be labeled overweight but let's get 'obese' taken care of first.)

3 comments:

Clyde Brown said...

That's so funny, just last night I was plugging numbers into a BMI calculator to see how far I have to go before I am just "overweight" Suffice it to say I have a long road ahead of me.

That is great news for you! I am excited for you and I look forward to the day when your post title says "Hurray! I'm overweight (not obese)!"

P.S. - I have not been commenting as much but I always read your blog by RSS,and I have to say I really enjoy it :)

Christine said...

I will have to look into that - am I obese or overweight? :) You can do this!!

*ccc* said...

I hate the "o" word.

Bah. Obesity sucks.