Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Great News on the Scale this Morning!

I’m down another 2 pounds this week (well actually 1.98 lbs but I had thick underwear on so it’s 2! Or 0.9 kilos). YAY! That’s two weeks in a row I’ve been going in the right direction.

I am only 0.2 kilos away from my all time lowest official weigh-in weight from back in March and only 1 kilo away from my all time unofficial weigh in weight! YAY! This means that before long I’m going to be losing new weight, not the same old crap I’ve already lost once before. This is great news and even greater motivation!

I have to contribute this week’s loss to my stellar eating habits because my gym routine went down the drain this week, with only one visit to the sweat box. Repeating my “every calorie does count” mantra when I go to eat something or when I am choosing my foods for meals is really working out well for me. Just taking that fleeting second to actually think about my actions makes all the difference in the world, well at least in the scale!

I read a statistic on one of the message boards that I visit all the time (the nest) that weight loss is 70% food and 30% exercise. (I haven’t read this in a health source only on message boards) This week is proof for me that that statistic may actually ring truer for me than I thought. It has been my eating habits that need some cleaning up rather than pushing myself harder in the gym. Also, all of those lovely muscles that are taking shape are burning more calories for me. Woo-hoo for muscles!

I’m really excited to be back on track and losing. I’m excited about the weight loss challenge and I’m super stoked to be losing new weight soon and to watch my body transform once again.

Geesh with all this excitement I may need a valium.

10 comments:

john - from fat to fit said...

Congrats Sarah! It's so motivating to read positive posts like this. Keep it going!

*ccc* said...

YAY! Good for you....That is fabulous!

I hope I can share such good news this week, heaven knows I'm trying after the Weekend From Hell.

Keep at it lady!!! Keep at it!

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO GIRLIE!! :)

-B

Christine said...

Doing the happy dance for you! Keep it up! One week at a time!

Anonymous said...

That's great news worth doing the happy dance!

After reading your post, I see I'm going to have to really watch what I eat. I won't do much with exercise alone. Great post! I'm happy for you!

Clyde Brown said...

You're zeroing in on an important milestone Sarah... congrats!

I'll do a happy dance for you :)

Anonymous said...

Good job SarahA! You're my new inspiration.

Shannon said...

Go Sarah...Go Sarah.... WAY TO GO! Doesn't this feel good?!?!? I am really happy for you!

I am completely in agreeance with you on the eating habits thing. I do NOT exercise (I know, I know) but I am loosing my weight all by eating habits. So, if you continue with your wonderful eating habits AND go to the gym, you will see results that you have NEVER seen before!

I am so proud of you!

Mamacita Chilena said...

I am really excited for you! And I bet once you're into new weight loss territory (losing the stuff you haven't already lost once before) you'll have even more motivation!

Thanks for filling the blogosphere with good energy :)

Chic Ink Designs said...

YAY!!!! Good job Sarah!