Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Elation eating took its toll on my toosh.

As semi-expected all of the elation eating I did this week took it's toll on my weigh-in this morning. Keep in mind I am still semi-bloated from it being that TOM but that doesn't excuse a whopping 3.74 pound (1.7 kilo) gain this week. Did I just hear somebody do a Joey Lawrence "WHOA"? (Yeah, you're showing your age if you know what that is!)

What a disappointment. I've been doing so well recently that it was actually painful to see those numbers on the scale this week. Not shocking because I cheat weighed-in on Saturday but I was still really bummed. I know the damage is 100% totally recoverable and reversible but geesh I'm just so disappointed in myself. I don't have anybody to blame but big ole me though.

So this week I am going to try to do the following:

1) Cut down my dinner carbs. We're a meat/potato/veg-supper eating family. This week I'm going to try to lay off the carb at supper and load up on the veg. I'm already eating less carbs then I used to, way back when, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

2) Cut out my morning choco-coffee altogether. My great wonderful super duper sweet colleague Richard just got back from the US and brought me some Splenda so I'll bring some to work with me and have regular, non-chocolate, coffee with some splenda in it. Probably between 40 and 80 calories saved there.

3) Cut out the extra bread at lunchtime. I try to eat a veggie salad at lunch with just a slice of bread but I almost always end up eating more than one slice and sometimes up to 3 or 4. I also have been in the habit of taking a half piece of bread and slathering it in honey for "something sweet" after lunch. I'm cutting that out.

4) I'm going to try to repeat "every calorie does count" to myself more often. It worked so well for me before and I just got out of the habit of it once things were going decent. Isn't that silly? You find something that obviously works for you and as soon as you get into a "groove" you stop doing it because you think "hey I'm doing really well"! DUH!

5) I will exercise at least 3 times this week. That's a huge improvement on my non-existent exercise regime I've been keeping lately. I'm still hoping for that DDR for Christmas Santa!

Those 5 changes ought to put me in the negative numbers again next week. I'll keep you posted as the week goes on to how I'm doing with my new mini-goals.

I hope you all have a healthy week!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Good luck, I'm sure you can do it. drink lots of water and you will be amazed what a difference you see in the numbers. Good job not getting down on yourself and just getting on with it. That's great.

Anonymous said...

Well I know the Joey lawrence 'Whoa" lol It's been awhile since I heard that...

Tonight when I was making dinner, I tasted the mashed potatoes... and I immediately thought of your words. Every calorie counts! It's so helpful to keep that in the forefront of my mind.

I'm sorry you gained, but I'm glad you pointed out where you'll be making changes. Good luck with your week!

Teale said...

Are you one to keep a food journal? Sometimes we don't even realize what we're eating until we write it all down, then it makes it easier to cut out little things like you're doing. My motto: If you bite it, write it! That really keeps me in check!