Thursday, October 25, 2007

In a nutshell...

Here's the low down on my food intake for the whole day:

Breakfast:
Honey Nut Cheerios with Non-fat Milk with a small banana sliced up in it. (YUMMY! I know cheerios aren't the healthier breakfast cereal choice but I really like them so I'm willing to take the caloric hit for them every once in a while. Usually I'm a Fruit and Fiber girl but those little honey nut o's called out to me.)

snack: One forest berry fruit bar (I don't know what the equivalent in the US is but one bar is around 125 calories. I try to keep all my snacks to between 125 and 150 calories).



Lunch: one dönor kebab (shaved lambs meat sandwich with lettuce, tomato, cukes, sambal and garlic sauce on a fresh roll) and a spinach/feta pastry pie thingy.


snack: another forest berry fruit bar (I usually have a piece of fruit for snack at this point in the day but due to unusual circumstances I wasn't able to get any)


supper: Chinese beef stir fry. We ate it minus any noodles or rice and it was really good. I didn't miss the extra carbs at all and I'm equally as satisfied afterwards as I am when I eat the noodles with it. Interesting don't ya think?


Drinks: 2 cups of coffee with splenda, 2-8oz. cans of diet coke and 7-8 glasses of water.


Overall I think it's a pretty good day for me. I usually eat more veg with lunch but had to eat out (again due to unusual circumstances) so they weren't available to me.


We've been opening our minds and mouths to a bit more Asian influences lately, trying some new dishes and they've all been pretty tasty. They're packed full of veg which is great and usually we have chicken with it so it's fairly healthy. We get them in prepackaged amounts so there is only two portions which helps me with portion control.

I haven't exercised yet this week (it is only Wednesday and my week starts on Tuesday) but as soon as I'm done here I'm going to try out my new jump rope. I got it last night and like a gi-normous kid I skipped all over the aisle in the store to "test it out". I'm going to google 'jumping rope' to see if there are any exercise regimens out there that include it. I'll let you know how it goes.

I didn't think I would like it as well as I do but posting my food intake for the day has really helped keep me on task. I never have been a food journal keeper because it tends to make me food obsess which is something I'm trying to avoid. Doing it this way doesn't seem to make me feel so "oh my god should I eat that? It has 5 calories in it and I just had 20 calories 4 hours ago and I'm only allowed 1200 per day and it's only noon"-ish. A slight exaggeration but you get the point. And THANK YOU TEALE who left the brilliant comment "if you bite it, write it!". It really cracked me up.
Alrighty, I'm off to skip some rope!

No comments: