Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

I hope you're all having a Happy Easter! Mine has been uneventful to say the least. Marco had to work last night until 1 so that means we slept in this morning. Then he had to be back at work at 3:30 so we didn't have much time together. His family didn't do a big get together or anything so it's just been me and Scooter hanging out, doing our thing.

My Mom did call me to wish me a Happy Easter which is always nice. She also told me Sadie had a pink Easter egg there waiting for her! So sweet. It's really nice to talk to my family on holidays (or anytime really) but for some reason it just made me homesick today. I got off the phone with her and called Marco and couldn't help but cry on the phone. I'm not really sure why because Easter was never a big celebration for us really. Maybe it's pregnancy hormones working overtime but I just really longed to be there and join in the festivities instead of sitting here eating re-heated spare ribs (which were chewy and nothing like my mom's ribs which she cooks for me every year on my birthday) and pasta salad by myself. Blah. The homesickness is just compounded by the fact that he had to work. Put it all together and whatya got? A recipe for a weepy, crabby pregnant woman. Woohoo.

I did take a nice long bath and read some of my book to relax. I've 'hung out' on some of the message boards to pass the time. I've watched random videos on youtube to entertain me. Now here I am writing this blog to make the time pass by. It's 9 o'clock now. I may just call it a night and turn in early.

Have a great Easter everybody. And do me a favor, eat a Peep for me!

So that's the it of it for this Dutch Easter.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey-- if you're playing around on youtube and totally out of things to do, search for "wisdom jones" you can see me dancing confusedly for a hot second in one of them. oh yeah, and you can see my honey playing bass!

*ccc* said...

Aww, sorry you're feeling homesick :(

Big hugs and hope you had as great a day as possible anyhoo...

Anonymous said...

No weigh-in post?

Salsera Gringuita said...

oh sarah if you like peeps, you definitely need to check out www.peepresearch.org :)

cheers
Leigh