Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I did weigh in yesterday and was pleasantly surprised, even though I didn’t remember to blog about it. I stayed the same from last week’s weigh-in which is a good thing since I’m a bit above where I want to be right now in the pregnancy anyway.

Not really a lot of exciting things to report here. I’ve gotten the urge to exercise a bit more recently which is always positive. We had been having good weather over the last month so I think that put the bug in my arse. Of course this week the wind is whipping like mad. They’ve even told everybody that they should avoid riding their bikes to work due to the wind. Now that’s scary because in the Dutch world most people use bikes as transportation not recreation. It also means big traffic jams on the way to and from work. Ugh.

I’m thinking Marco and I might start swimming more often. I found a pool that is close to our house that has some decent opening hours. I hope I still fit in my swimsuit. The same place also offers some mommy/baby swim classes to help get rid of the baby weight once Sadie is born. Sign me up!

I’ve been having frequent headaches which “they” say can happen a lot in the second trimester due to massive fluctuations in your hormones. It’s been pretty miserable when they do happen because I don’t like to take anything for them if I can avoid them. I don’t think sitting in front of the computer all day at work helps either.

I’ve also just started to see the baby more frequently and when I say “just started” I mean this morning. It was the first time I felt her during the day. Usually she just likes to tickle me in the evening when I’m laying quietly on my back.

I’m looking forward to going to the open mic night at the ABC Treehouse for the first time. It does make me quite nervous that I’ve promised myself to participate in the following one though. It’s a good nervous though.

Alexandra is on board with the plans for the nursery and hopefully she’ll be coming over to get the ball rolling! She does have other commitments at home though and we have plenty of time. Of course if I had it my way she’s have been there with her painting clothes on last week! We’re going to a little fabric market together that they’re having in Hoorn (the city she lives in) on April 9th to see if we can find some pretty material to make Sadie’s bedding and curtains from. I’m excited! Geesh, I never thought idea of picking out fabric could make me so giddy.

So that’s about it for me today. I hope you’re all doing well and have a healthy week!

No comments: