Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Well my extra long walks I took with the dog (and husband) this weekend didn’t keep the pounds off the scale. I was up .8 kilos or 1.76 pounds from last week weighing in a 111.8. This puts me above my target weight gain (or lack of gain) that I have been trying to maintain throughout my pregnancy of 2 lbs or roughly one kilo a month by about 3-4 pounds. Yuck. I’m not too happy about this but to blame it only on exercise would be laughable to say the least. My eating has been less-than-stellar in the last weeks and to putt he blame somewhere where it doesn' t belong is just not me.

I’ve always had a sweet tooth and being pregnant hasn’t curbed that. Thank goodness I’m craving sweets such a fresh fruit but as it’s not in season right now it’s hard to come by. A good example was Monday at the store I wanted a cantaloupe. Melon for supper just seemed like the tastiest option. The 4 they had were the size of softballs and more green than cantaloupe colored. I passed. And really what I really have a hankering for is watermelon but those are nowhere to be found right now. Summer can’t come soon enough! Until then my bananas, oranges, mandrins and grapes are going to have to get me by.

My sweet tooth has also caused me to crave ice cream. I found some really tasty raspberry sorbet drumsticks at the store for only 114 calories a pop! Now just because they’re a lower calorie snack doesn’t mean you can eat 2 or 3 of them in an evening home. Yeah, easy to say, not easy to do, at least for me.

I’ve been sloppy and need to get back on track. I’m going to have to go back to the basics again from when I started my weight loss journey. I’ve gotten away from the foods I used to enjoy because they got boring. I think it’s been enough time now that they’ll seem exciting once again. Okay self, get it together, you’re having a baby here, not a woolly mammoth. No reason to go overboard.

In other news, tomorrow is the big 20 week ultra sound and the day we’ll hopefully be able to find out the sex of this little pumpkin! If I sleep tonight it’ll be a miracle. I’ll keep you all posted on how it goes! Until then, have a healthy day!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Hi Sarah,

Look at it this way- you are half way through your pregnancy and about 5 pounds ahead of schedule. If you keep it up, you'll be 10 pounds "too heavy" when you deliver. That's not so, so horrible, is it? You'll lose it in a snap with all the night wakings...

Here's a tasty healthy ice cream substitute: buy some frozen cherries (or other berries or fruit). Pour some (still frozen) in a bowl, and top with about half a container of plain yogurt. Stir it up and let it sit for a minute. The yogurt freezes to the cherries and makes for a delicious dessert!