Monday, January 19, 2009

Day #4

Thank you for the comment on my last post, you who wishes to remain anonymous. It helped put my large lunch into perspective!

Breakfast -
coffee with sugar (Marco made me a cup and forgot to use splenda) and cream
2 whole grain oat crackers (32 calories each) with one tsp of honey between the two of them.

2 (8oz) glasses of water

Lunch-
2 whole grain slices of bread, 1 young cheese slice, 1 thin slice of ham, 1 thin slice of salami, 1 tsp red pepper pesto.
Cucumber slices (1/3 cup)
1/4th of a large red bell pepper, sliced.

2 (8oz) glasses of water

snack -
3 - Sultana Biscuits (165 calories total)
diet coke

2ns snack (there is a 7 hour difference between lunch and supper, I need two snacks)
one delicious orange
2 glasses of water
coffee with sugar and steamed milk

Supper-
Extremely dry, overcooked chicken breast
extremely dry, overcooked baked potatoe slices (size of a small white potato)
un-dry spinach, one serving

And thank you Shawna for revealing your identity and sharing part of your 'story'. Have you thought about starting a blog of your own? It helps me so much in keeping myself accountable. Let me know if you have one and I'll add you to my blog roll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anonymous commenter here :) I'm glad to help. I've been casually following your blog for years, but never commented before.

I think it's great that you're taking a positive step forward by logging your food intake. When I've had weight loss success in the past, it's usually involved logging what I eat. I think it's time to start that up again...

I know that for me, weight loss isn't about being perfect or eating exactly right all the time. It's about cutting out some of the mindless eating and finding ways to incorporate exercise that I enjoy into my daily life. I've done really well with the second part of that in my life over the last year, but the first has been lacking. It helps me to remind other people that you don't have to be perfect to be successful. Why is it always so clear when you see someone else putting unrealistic expectations on themselves but not when you're doing it to yourself? :)