Saturday, January 17, 2009

Food log day #2

Breakfast-
coffee with splenda and tsp creamer
oatmeal, once again made with water as I forgot milk at the store.. again.

3 (8 oz) glasses crystal light (its actually one huge glass but it equals to 3 'glasses')

Let me preface lunch by saying I didn't have anything in particular in mind to eat, although we JUST went grocery shopping last night, so my sandwich isn't a norm, although it was tasty. Plus it was raining outside so I wasn't about to drag the baby out just to have some chicken slices.

Lunch-
Ones slice low fat old cheese (Dutch have two kinds of cheeses, old and young, this one is an old cheese which is similar to a parmesean), 3 pieces of sun dried tomatoes and 1tsp red pepper pesto (YUM) on whole grain bread. Yeah, not your normal sandwich I realize
1/2 green bell pepper slices
20 green seedless grapes
3 (8oz) glasses of water

snack-
orange snack bar - 99 calories
2 glasses crystal light
1 glass water

supper
4 oz chicken breast, baked, no oil used
1 cup spanish rice (which when I was measuring it out as a "serving" actually was huge)
1 serving green beans
2 glasses water

1 glass diet coke
1 glass water


Do you know what my favorite part of logging my food is? It makes me so much more aware of what I am doing. For lunch I immediately grabbed 4 slices of bread to make two sandwiches and actually stopped and thought about portion size and portion control. I also thought, "do I really want to write this in my blog?" and put the other two slices of bread back. I ate lunch and was satisfied with it. I didn't need the second sandwich.

I'll be back later today or tomorrow to log the rest of my day and any exercise I manage to sneak in today.

No comments: